Breakfast is the most important meal that energizes you and gives you strength for the whole day. That’s why it is so important to pay attention to what you are having for breakfast. If you have recently become a strict vegan and refused even the use of chicken eggs, you probably sometimes miss an omelet or scramble. Our recipe is designed to reduce your longing. Here is a vegan version of eggless omelet that is cooked with tofu. In the vegan world, we call it ‘tofu scrambled eggs’. It’s a perfect option for a healthy vegan breakfast.
- 1/2 package firm tofu
- 5 grape tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- few drops of Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch dry basil
- Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1/2 avocado
- Mist a frying pan with coconut oil and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add chopped onion and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Crumble tofu into the pan, breaking it up with your fingers. Cook for 2 minutes or until tofu is hot throughout.
- Add sliced tomatoes. Mix them with tofu and onion.
- Add few drops of Liquid Aminos, turmeric and pinch dry basil. Cook for another 5 minutes. Don’t forget to stir!
- Once cooked, serve with sliced avocado on the sides and use chopped dill as a topping.
Use your own preferences and creativity for making tofu scrambled eggs taste more like your favorite omelet. You can add mushrooms, vegan cheese, olives, herbs, etc. to make it more diversified! There are no limitations to your creativity!
As you can see by going vegan you don’t have to give up your food habits and favorite meals completely. You can always replace any food you like with a vegan option. Tofu scrambled eggs for your vegan breakfast is a good example of this. Check out our other vegan recipes and make your vegan life more diversified!