Welcome to the first full moon of the spring season! It rises on Saturday, April 16th, 2022, and occurs in the sign of Libra. In this article, I will share with you everything you need to know about the full moon in Libra according to Vedic Astrology (Jyotish).
When Is The Full Moon In Libra?
The full moon in Libra will occur on Saturday, April 16th, 2022, at 2:57 P.M. EDT, but won’t be visible above the horizon until after sunset. For the best view of the full moon, find an open area and watch its rise just above the horizon.
The Full Moon In Libra
During the full moon period, we are most affected by the constellation in which the moon resides. The Full moon in April fills our minds with the energies of the Libra constellation.
During the full moon period and a few days before and after that, we are facing situations that teach us to compromise and to develop the ability to view what is happening from different angles. Libra does not like one-sided points of view, rather it teaches us to listen to our opponents so that we can find the balance even in polar opinions.
Libra is a mobile constellation related to the Air element. This is not the best position for the Moon to reside. Such a position of the Moon envokes internal fluctuations and makes it difficult for us to make the right choice during this time. Therefore, it is not recommended to make any important decisions during this time, as it is difficult to make the right choice. However, this is a good time for planning for the future and thinking about further actions. This is due to the fact that the Moon in Libra helps you to better see the whole picture.
At this time, our ability to see beauty and harmony increases. It’s a good time for creative activities and artistic expression. This is also a good time for self-care, buying new clothes and accessories.
The energy of the Full moon in Libra also helps us solve relationship problems and find common ground on controversial issues. The main thing here is to act fairly and try to put yourself in the other person’s shoes. This transit will help you to find a compromise.
The Full Moon In Chitra Nakshatra
According to Vedic astrology, this full moon takes place in the lunar mansion of Chitra Nakshatra. Let’s take a closer look at this lunar mansion and what kind of energy it represents.
Chitra is a Mars-rules nakshatra. Its symbol is a gemstone or a perfectly spherical pearl. Just like the hidden wealth of a gemstone, Chitra reveals the hidden beauty of all things. Chitra reminds us that in order for a pearl to reveal its beauty, we have to open its shell first.
Chitra Nakshatra has a soft character. During the period of this nakshatra, it is difficult to do things that require defending one’s position. It can be difficult to control your desires and impulses. The nature of this nakshatra manifests itself in resistance, inertia, and unwillingness to change something. Chitra reflects the world of Maya (delusions) that must be overcome.
On the positive side, Chitra nakshatra is one of the most mystical nakshatras. By channeling its energy, you will receive spiritual depth with sudden flashes of insight.
Chitra nakshatra may cause diabetes, injury to the forehead, brain fever, appendicitis, kidney stones, problems with the lower part of the belly and the passage of urine, hernia, and injury of the lumbar region of the spine, abdominal ulcers, injury to the neck and lumbar vertebra.
The nature of Chitra nakshatra: Tamas
Tamas causes dullness and ignorance through its power to obscure. Its nature is heavy and dense. Tamas guna represents a state of darkness, inertia, inactivity, and materiality. It manifests itself in the form of ignorance.
The Full moon in Tamas manifests itself as a lack of confidence and security, difficulties with controlling desires. There may also be internal resistance to any kind of changes and active actions.
The goal of Chitra nakshatra: Kama
Kama means “desire, passion, or longing“. It also refers to sensual pleasure and sexual desire. During the period of the influence of Chitra nakshatra, it can be difficult to control your desires. Chitra nakshatra makes us prone to being trapped in the passions and entertainment of the external world so it could be very difficult to look inwards and concentrate on spiritual practices during this time. Our goal is to overcome our desires and focus on our spirituality regardless of the external stimuli.
Spiritual Lessons to Learn
- External distractions are only desired to strengthen our will to move deeper into our spirituality. Therefore, stay mindful of the desires that arise during this period. Instead of giving in to temptations or judging yourself for even having them, learn to mindfully notice and observe them. Write them down and analyze what they are trying to tell you. Maybe you’re trying to distract yourself with entertainment, alcohol, junk food, and random sex so that you can numb your internal struggles and pain?
- We all struggle to find balance in life. Society is divided by dualistic-thinking. We see each other as “black or white” or “them against us”. We forgot how to hear each other’s points of view without forcing our own beliefs on each other. We don’t listen to hear, we listen to reply. And now is the time to think about how we can change this by starting with ourselves. Our lesson for this Full moon is to realize that everyone is allowed to have his/her own perspective even if it doesn’t resonate with ours. Instead of judging, criticizing, or convincing people how wrong they are and how smart and knowledgeable we are, let’s try to hear each other without proving our own point. The world will be such a better place when the opposites will be united in harmony.
- Notice the beauty. With our busy schedules, we often forget to focus on how beautiful this world is. Spend this time closer to nature – in the park, at the beach, by the lake or waterfalls, in the forest, etc. Allow yourself to immerse in the beauty of nature. Feel its energy filling your body and making you bloom in your own beauty.
The lesson of this transit is to look for a compromise in any situation, to notice the beauty around, and to strive for harmony.
How to Work With the Full Moon Energy?
If we do not live in the rhythm of the lunar cycle, we most likely will feel mood swings and fatigue during the full moon time. Moreover, our emotional and even physical condition may deteriorate. Therefore, it is very important to learn to live in harmony with the Moon, especially when it’s at the peak of its activity.
Spend this time during the Full Moon doing some introspective work. Don’t let your energy run rampant with trying to make things happen. Time spent in silence, prayer, and meditation will be karmically rewarded. No matter what’s happening around you, stay calm, grounded, and centered.
In order to harmonize the influence of the Moon on our lives, we can perform Moon practices and adjust our lifestyle to the Moon’s vibrations.
Spiritual Practices For the Full Moon
#1: Filling Up With Lunar Energy
This practice is especially recommended for those who have mood swings and unbalanced emotions.
- Place a glass of clean water on the windowsill (or next to the window) so that the moonlight reflects in it. Leave it there for the night.
- In the morning, drink that Moon water on an empty stomach. Tell your gratitude to the Moon. Chant the Moon mantra: OM CHANDRAYA NAMAHA (108 times).
#2: Full Moon Mantra Chanting For Attracting Abundance
During the Full Moon, go outside (backyard or patio), and stretch your hands up to the Moon. When looking at the Full Moon, set your intention to attract abundance into your life and repeat the following mantra for 12 minutes: OM SHRAAM SHREEM SHRAUM SAH CHANDRAMASE NAMAHA
#3: Chanting SHRIM Mantra
SHRIM is the mantra of beauty, love, and delight. This is the mantra of Lakshmi, the goddess of abundance, wealth, and beauty. Chanting this mantra helps to expand the sense of beauty, and attract love and abundance.
The Bottom Line
Balance and harmony is the main theme for this Full Moon. Libra invites us to overcome our dualistic way of thinking and seeing the world. It also encourages us to overcome inner duality and start seeing ourselves as a whole. If you are ready for dropping the dualistic way of thinking this Full Moon will give you the energy and tools to succeed in this. Remember that harmony can only be born from a perfect balance of opposites. Happy Full Moon in Libra!