The Moon is waning to a new moon on November 23rd at 2:57 p.m. PT (5:57 p.m. EST). This is when the Moon is lost in the glare of the Sun and completely invisible. The November new moon is a powerful time that can give impetus to our spiritual development and personal evolution. I will share everything you need to know about this new moon in this article.
The New Moon In Vedic Astrology
In Vedic astrology, the new moon is called Amavasya. It is the time when the Moon and the Sun line up.
According to Vedic astrology, Shukla paksha, the brightest part of the lunar month begins with Amavasya, when one can count on the indulgence and benefits of the gods. It is recommended to dedicate the new moon to spiritual practices, offerings, and prayers. It is also considered a favorable period for completing previously started projects, cleaning, and charity.
Amavasya is considered the most favorable period to engage in your personal development; spend this day in meditation and prayers.
It is said that any activity related to material affairs will not bring any benefits on this day. However, any spiritual practice you engage in will multiply its benefits when performed during Amavasya. The same can be said about charity and donations done during Amavasya – you will be generously rewarded for your acts of kindness.
The November New Moon
According to Jyotish (Vedic astrology), the November new moon occurs in Scorpio.
The moon in Scorpio promises us a lunar month of transformation and inner changes. The task of this lunar month is the destruction of the old paradigms that no longer serve us. This lunar month can aggravate issues related to inherited property and financial affairs. It can also bring an internal crisis and emotional vulnerability into our lives. Therefore, this period is perfect for emotional cleansing.
Another theme that this lunar month is going to activate in our lives is the need for security. We will have to find a way to feel more safe, secure, and protected. Accumulated fears, resentments, jealousy, and mistrust rise to the surface. Use protection mantras, breathing exercises, and meditation to build a feeling of security and safety.
How does the Moon in Scorpio affect our mind?
Emotionally, these days are not going to be comfortable:
- There is a need for emotional release (for example, crying out your pain);
- Intuition manifests itself more strongly, psychic abilities increase;
- Suspiciousness and anxiety increase;
- Interest in transcendental knowledge;
- Secrecy and suspicion increase;
- Feeling of loneliness;
- Spontaneous aggression;
- Sexual attraction is aggravated.
The lesson of this period is to learn to choose your words carefully. If some situation has caused your distrust, double-check the information and only then act. It is very beneficial to chant the mantra: “OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTI” during this new moon.
The New Moon In Anuradha Nakshatra
According to Vedic astrology, the November new moon takes place in the lunar mansion of Anuradha Nakshatra. Let’s take a closer look at this lunar mansion and what kind of energy it represents.
Anuradha is a Saturn-ruled nakshatra that is symbolized by a lotus. Saturn’s rulership over this nakshatra will bring our karma to the surface. This may result in some delays in our plans, obstacles on our way, and challenges. Many of us may feel frustrated, angry, and apathetic because of this. However, we should remember that Saturn teaches us patience and determination. Therefore, those who can master these qualities will be rewarded by Saturn. Similarly to the lotus (the symbol of Anuradha nakshatra), flowering is preceded by a long upward journey through murky waters before arriving into the light. Remember, during this lunar month, be patient, stay determined, and you will eventually reach success in whatever you’re doing. Don’t let obstacles stop you!
Anuradha nakshatra also promotes balance in relationships. Therefore, it’s an excellent time to embrace your leadership and organizational skills. This is a good time for working in large groups of people, socializing, and putting energy into your romantic relationships.
The new moon in Anuradha nakshatra signifies a particularly auspicious time for spiritual practice, which is great for softening the impact of Saturn on your life.
Anuradha nakshatra may cause chest infections, nose bleeds, constipation, hemorrhoids, high fever, menstrual problems, and weakness of the bladder, genitals, rectum, or pubic bone. It can also cause heart problems.
Dos and Don’ts During the September New Moon
Amavasya is one of the best days for donations. When you’re making donations during the new moon, the beneficial effect of it is greatly enhanced, and your negative karma gets purified.
Our emotions play a very important role during the new moon. If you are happy on this day, you will become even happier; if you are unhappy – you will become unhappier. Any of our qualities are strengthened on this day. Therefore, the new moon is a very important time for spiritual seekers since the effect of any puja or recited mantra becomes even stronger on this day.
Amavasya is a great time for new beginnings. This is the time to discard old habits and thoughts, all failures, and embrace the new experience that the new moon promises us.
Favorable activities during Amavasya:
- Completing tasks
- Paying off debts
- Throwing away the old and unnecessary things
- Giving donations and gifts
- Meeting with your parents or other family members
- Performing any spiritual practices
- House cleaning (it will help you to clean not only the space around you but also your mind)
- Honoring deceased ancestors (you can just think about them or look at their pictures)
- Doing charity (you can donate anything except money)
- Tuning in to harmony and love
- Forgiving yourself and others
Unfavorable activities during Amavasya:
- Making important purchases
- Getting married
- Making important appointments
- Start training
- Making promises
- Start building a house, or enter the house
- Making final decisions
- Taking trips, business trips, travel
- Making repairs, renovations
- Appointing important meetings that can affect the execution of transactions, the conduct of business, etc.
- Making money transactions (investing money, transferring large sums, borrowing or lend);
Manifesting On New Moon
It’s very beneficial to use positive affirmations during the new moon. During this time, affirmations have a special power – they make your positive thoughts and intentions grow and gain strength more quickly. That is why such practices as creating a vision board or Reiki wish box will be particularly effective on the new moon.
Here are some examples of the high-vibe affirmations you can practice on the New Moon:
- Love is my inspiration, my conversation, and my life! Peace is my natural state! Gratitude is my way of seeing and being! The face of God greets me everywhere I go!
- Every cell of my body temple celebrates health and wholeness!
- All my relationships match the high vibration of unconditional love!
- Positive thoughts revitalize my body temple!
- Abundance blesses every aspect of my life!
- I am guided, governed, and gifted by the eternal presence of Spirit within me! The high frequency of divine love resounds through all of my relationships! Excellence is encoded in my soul and evident in my expression! A consciousness of awe and wonder makes things possible in my life!
- My commitment to peace, love, and kindness raises the vibrations of the planet!
- The sweet water of appreciation bathes everything I do!
The Moon Mantra
During the New Moon, it’s beneficial to chant the Moon mantra “Om Chandraya Namaha” 108 times. This powerful mantra vibrates with the energy of the Moon. Chanting this beautiful mantra will help you see things more clearly and look beyond “illusions” to see the deeper meaning in things and the truth that lies within.
Buddha Shakyamuni Mantra
It is very beneficial to chant the Buddha Shakyamuni mantra during the new moon. Recite “Om Muni Muni Maha Muniye Soha” 3, 7, 21, or 108 times. When chanting the mantra, visualize how the Divine Light purifies all your subtle bodies and frees your consciousness from outdated programs.
Chanting the Buddha Shakyamuni mantra brings a change in our consciousness, helps to reach enlightenment, inspires us with new ideas, and gives us confidence in our abilities. Also, it relieves uncertainty and distorted perceptions of reality.
The Bottom Line
Although this lunar month promises to bring lots of emotions to the surface, it also has great potential for our transformation and growth. If we can stay determined in our spiritual practice, our moral principles, and our higher goals, we will discover great opportunities for achieving something really amazing. The November New Moon doesn’t promise us a quiet time but invites us to re-discover our inner potential, to reconnect with the community, and find ways to serve humanity. Saturn is going to test us, but this test is only designed to make us stronger and to boost our personal evolution. Spiritual practices are essential during this new moon. They will help you to reconnect with your Higher Self and soften the impact of Saturn on your life. The lessons will still be there, but you will be able to understand them more quickly and easily. In general, this is a good time for emotional cleansing, releasing old energy, and finding new ways to spread your Light on this planet.