Healers around the world have acknowledged yoni steaming as an excellent opportunity for women to use plant medicine (also known as yoni steam herbs). In doing so, you reconnect with your body and experience its healing benefits. It is simple to do yoni steam at home. I use a specialized stool or a chair with slats which allows me to sit over a steaming pot of herbs beneath. In this article, I’ll share with you in detail, this yoni steaming phenomenon.
A Little History
Yoni steaming was popular in Ayurvedic medicine. This is a natural form of medicine in ancient India. A practitioner would first evaluate the qualities of a person to establish whether there was an imbalance. He would then recommend yoni steaming based on the opposite conditions.
Renowned alternative medicine practitioners have touted the practice as an effective cure for reproductive challenges. Think about menstrual cramps, excessive menstrual flow, vaginal dryness, vaginal laxity, menopausal symptoms, and infertility just to mention but a few. All these have been cured by yoni steaming for centuries. Overall, the treatment works by supporting the natural processes of a person’s body.
So How Does Yoni Steaming Work?
Yoni steaming or vaginal steaming is a form of treatment that utilizes herbal steam that is directed to a vagina’s exterior. The scientific backing for these claims is simple. When you combine heat from the steam and the medicinal qualities of yoni steam herbs in your vagina, you experience improved blood flow and circulation. Harmful bacteria also die in the process. Subsequently, they balance the stagnation and coldness in the vaginal region. And these are the leading causes of women reproductive health issues.
For instance, infertility and menstrual cramps are attributable to the excessive building up of lining that encrusts the uterus due to failure to shed in past cycles. Since the material builds up over a lengthy period, the uterus and the surrounding muscles work hard to discard it, which often results in fatigue and pain. Yoni steam utilizes gentle heat and moisture that carries yoni steam herbs oils to the external vaginal tissues or the vulva.
The warmth and the moisture cause an increase in circulation. This makes the vulva to swell exposing the internal labial mucous membrane. The highly porous and absorbent tissues allow the bloodstream to pick up the oils and convey them to the internal reproductive system such as the uterus. The oils then assist in the cleaning of the system and the releasing of the lining, which makes sure that the subsequent cycle is pain-free and comfortable.
Besides, it becomes simpler for an egg to implant and lowers the chances of developing uterine abnormalities. Consequently, yoni steam leaves a woman with a more pleasant and healthier menstrual cycle.
How to Steam Your Yoni
I find it convenient to conduct yoni steam by myself at the comfort of my home. It is a simple procedure. But you need a comfortable stool designed in such a way that you expose your butt underneath. If you’re physically fit, you can suspend your weight on a bucket and place the steamer inside the bucket. If you don’t have a conventional steamer, do it the old school way. Use an open pan with boiling water infused with yoni steam herbs. Sit over that steam for half an hour.
In the modern world, people are obsessed with beauty treatments. Yoni steaming goes beyond this. After 30 minutes of steaming, I usually proceed with a yoni massage to enjoy the full benefits of these treatments. Overall, the practice provides me a chance to reconnect with my body and to utilize the knowledge of plant medicine.
I cherish and celebrate my female body. And I enjoy the sacred and beautiful nature of the womb. Yoni steaming provides me with an opportunity to take control of my health, and use my intuition as well as my natural gifts to support and nurture my health. Besides, it validates the perspectives and wisdom of past generations of women. And it plays a striking role in the present-day health.
The Health Benefits
Women who yoni steam enjoy numerous health-related benefits, me included.
- First of all, it reduces pain, fatigue, and bloating that is usually associated with menstruation. Women who experience heavy flow can use yoni steam to regulate it. The procedure is also effective in regulating absent or irregular cycles.
- Yoni steaming accelerates the healing and toning of the reproductive system after childbirth. In fact, it promotes the healing of episiotomy, vaginal tears, and caesarian section tears.
- Yoni steam significantly reduces the discomfort of reproductive issues such as ovarian cysts and endometriosis.
- Yoni steaming also detoxifies the womb.
- It relieves the symptoms of menopause such as pain and dryness.
- And finally, yoni steam restores the bacterial and pH balance to prevent infections and odors.
When to Avoid Yoni Steaming
There are times when it is inappropriate to undertake this treatment. It is also critical that you consider the time and the prevailing circumstance before establishing when to yoni steam. For example, women with intrauterine devices (IUD’s) should not conduct vaginal steaming. It may move the IUD’s to suboptimal positions rendering them ineffective.
Women with active infections in their vagina, urinal tract, kidney, or bladder should also avoid yoni steam. It may worsen these conditions especially when there are tears or stitches present.
You should also avoid yoni steaming during menstruation due to the continuous bleeding process.
Ladies should also not engage in yoni steam during pregnancy. The cervix must remain tightly closed for a healthy pregnancy. Yoni steam could put your cervix at risk of contractions and eventually open.
Yoni Steaming Herbs
A proper combination of yoni steam herbs, based on the condition under treatment, is very crucial. Some of the recommended herbs used in the treatment include:
- Rosemary: It is an antimicrobial and aromatic yoni steam herb. It improves the circulation in the reproductive system. This speeds menstruation, the healing of wounds, and treats bacterial infections.
- Lavender: An antiseptic and antispasmodic herb that promotes menstrual flow and promotes healing.
- Oregano: As a yoni steam herb, it works to reduce menstrual cramps and prevents the development of urinary tract infections.
- Basil: The herb is effective in treating menstrual cramps. It also strengthens and tones reproductive organs.
- Rose petals: It is an uplifting and relaxing yoni steam herb. It is also known as “vaginal facial” due to its gentleness to the yoni tissues.
- Chamomile: An anti-inflammatory herb that reduces menstrual cramps.
- Mugwort: The herb stimulates the production of female hormones and balances them, which assists in the maintenance of uterine health.
Just to mention, other than herbal steaming, your yoni could benefit a lot from yoni egg exercises.
Yoni steaming is a health practice that has preventative and curative benefits. The gentle and effective method to revitalize, cleanse, tone, relax, and heal can be carried out from the comfort of your bedroom or at a spa. However, if you are not sure what you’re doing, it is essential to use the services of a licensed practitioner. You will undoubtedly enjoy the health benefits of a professional yoni stream. And you also avoid contra-indications.