The Full Thunder Moon 2021 rises on Friday, July 23, 2021. The upcoming Full Moon is often called the Thunder Moon, Buck Moon, Feather Moulting Moon, Salmon Moon, Berry Moon, and Raspberry Moon. The Full Thunder Moon 2021 is the time when we will be learning our karmic lessons and reaping the fruits of our good or bad karma.
In this article, we will share with you everything you need to know about the Full Thunder Moon 2021!
When Is The Full Thunder Moon 2021?
Full Thunder Moon will reach peak illumination at 10:37 P.M. Eastern Time on Friday. Look towards the southeast to watch it rise above the horizon.
Why Is It Called the “Thunder Moon”?
The full moon in July is also called the Thunder Moon because of the frequency of thunderstorms during this hot, dry month.
The Full Moon In Capricorn
According to Vedic astrology, the Full Moon takes place in Capricorn in the lunar mansion of Uttarashadha Nakshatra. Because the Moon is close to Saturn (which is in retrograde motion), there may be depressions and downturns in our personal lives and in the global economy.
Uttarashadha is the nakshatra of truthfulness. This nakshatra is intolerant of behind-the-scene influences and deception. Under the influence of this nakshatra, people will attract lots of life challenges where their truthfulness and authenticity will be tested. The spiritual lesson that Uttarashadha nakshatra brings to us is learning how to see through illusions in order to reveal the true nature of life events.
Under the influence of Uttarashadha Nakshatra, some people will be motivated to fight for what they believe is right. Also, during this time, your commitment to your ideas and moral principles may get tested. Therefore, it’s important to stay firm in your beliefs!
In Uttarashadha, the wisdom and integrity received in Sagittarius are directed to the sign of Capricorn – the field of changing and improving the surrounding world and humanity. Therefore, this Nakshatra puts a big responsibility on humanity, especially, on the world leaders. If the principles that humanity follows are false, then the changes that will be brought to the world will be wrong. In this case, there’s a danger of creating structures that will bind people and put more limitations on them, instead of setting them free.
This nakshatra can also bring health-related issues like weakness of lymphatic vessels, the knees, skin, ears, urinary system, typhoid, dysentery, eczema, and allergies.
The main advice for this Full Moon is to stay patient and take your emotions under control. You may face lots of injustice, manipulations, and lies, however, stay focused on your truth and your moral principles, don’t compromise your authenticity in order to fit in.
How to Work With the Full Moon Energy?
If we do not live in the rhythm of the lunar cycle, we most likely will feel mood swings and fatigue during the Full Moon time. Moreover, our emotional and even physical condition may deteriorate. Therefore, it is very important to learn to live in harmony with the Moon, especially when it’s at the peak of its activity.
Spend this Full Moon time period doing some internal work. Don’t let your energy run rampant with trying to make things happen. Time spent in silence, prayer, and meditation will be karmically rewarded. No matter what’s happening around you, stay calm, grounded, and centered.
For harmonizing the influence of the Moon on our lives, we can perform Moon practices and adjust our lifestyle to the Moon’s vibrations.
Quick Tips For the Full Thunder Moon 2021
In order to balance the Full Thunder Moon 2021 period’s influence on your life, try to keep in mind the following tips:
- Do not start new cases and projects during this period.
- Do not make important life-changing decisions.
- Do not sign contracts, hold meetings with partners, or start a new business during this time. It is better to postpone all these things to another day. If this is not possible, be extremely careful.
- A full moon is a special day when the maximum concentration of energy is reached, and the moon is visible in the sky at its full power. Therefore, during the Full Moon, when emotions are on the verge of getting out of control, it is recommended to devote yourself to spiritual practices.
- During the Full Moon, try not to do any intense physical activity.
- It is not recommended to perform operations during the full moon, as there is a high probability of their unfavorable outcome (severe bleeding may occur).
- Be extremely careful on the roads while driving during the Full Moon. Make sure you concentrate on driving.
- The full moon is a great time for fasting and cleansing.
- It is recommended to do charity work on this day. For example, feed the homeless or donate something to the orphanage. Any help will be favorable. However, it is not recommended to donate money on this day.
- Stay connected with nature: take a walk in the forest or at the beach, lie down on the ground, talk to the trees, hug them, etc.
- Wear white clothes and pearls to pay your homage to the Moon.
- Cooking for your family and friends will help to activate and balance the Moon energy.
The full moon in Uttarashadha Nakshatra is a favorable time for:
- Wearing new clothes and jewelry;
- Healing from illness;
- Planting plants;
- Installation of altars;
- Spiritual ceremonies;
- Studying of the Vedas;
- Improving the home environment;
Spiritual Practices For the Full Thunder Moon 2021
#1: Chanting Ganesh Mantra
The symbol of Uttarashadha is an elephant tusk. The Elephant’s tusk associates this lunar mansion with the Hindu God Ganesh. Lord Ganesh is the one-tusked elephant-headed god who is invoked to bless new beginnings and is prayed to remove obstacles from one’s path or endeavor. Therefore, chanting the Ganesh mantra during this full moon will help you to remove any obstacles from your path to success and abundance.
Chant the mantra 108 times.
#2: Filling Up With Lunar Energy
This practice is especially recommended for those who have a bad relationship with their mothers or elderly women, and also for those who have mood swings.
- Place a glass of clean water on the windowsill (or next to the window) so that the moonlight reflects in it. Leave it there for the night.
- In the morning, drink that Moon water on an empty stomach. Tell your gratitude to the Moon. Chant the Moon mantra: OM CHANDRAYA NAMAHA (108 times).
#3: Full Moon Mantra Chanting For Attracting Abundance
On a Full Moon, go outside (backyard or patio), stretch your hands up to the Moon. When looking at the Full Moon, set your intention to attract abundance into your life and repeat the following mantra for 12 minutes: OM SHRAAM SHREEM SHRAUM SAH CHANDRAMASE NAMAHA
The Bottom Line
The retrograde motion of Saturn makes this full moon a depressive and emotional period. Stay in touch with your feelings. Be patient with yourself and with others. Take every obstacle with gratitude for teaching you an important lesson. Remember that we are personally responsible for our own karma. By focusing on your truthfulness and spiritual principles you will lay a firm foundation for your good karma and positive changes in life.