The Full Rose Moon rises on Thursday, June 24, 2021. The upcoming full moon is going to be the last supermoon of 2021. It’s often called the Rose Moon, Strawberry Moon, Mead Moon, Honey Moon, Vat Purnima, Poson Poya, and the LRO Moon. The Full Rose Moon 2021 is a powerful time for both releasing what no longer serves you, and harnessing powerful lunar energy.
In this article, we will share with you everything you need to know about the Rose Moon 2021!
When Is The Full Rose Moon 2021?
Strawberry Full Moon will reach peak illumination at 2:40 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Thursday. However, it will not be visible until later that evening, when it drifts above the horizon. In the evening of Thursday, June 24 (just after sunset) look towards the southeast to watch the Full Moon rise above the horizon. There, it will appear large and golden-hued.
Why Is It Called the “Rose Moon”?
Some sources indicate the name “Rose Moon” comes from the roses that bloom in late June. Others report that the name comes from the color of the Full Moon this time of year. The orbit of the Moon around the Earth is almost in the same plane as the orbit of the Earth around the Sun. When the Sun appears highest in the sky near the summer solstice, the full Moon opposite the Sun generally appears lowest in the sky. For Europe’s higher latitudes, the Full Moon nearest the summer solstice shines through more atmosphere than at other times of the year, making it more likely to have a reddish color (for the same reasons that sunrises and sunsets are red).
The Full Moon In Sagittarius
According to Vedic astrology, the Full Moon takes place in Sagittarius in the lunar mansion of Mula Nakshatra. Mula Nakshatra is one of the more destructive, radical, intense, and sharp lunar mansions. We have to keep in mind that the Full Moon is a time of the culmination of the month’s energy which was initialized during the New Moon. During the June Full Moon, this culmination plays out through the lens of Mula Nakshatra’s energy, where there may be the unearthing that has been hidden. This nakshatra may initiate situations that are drastic in nature or that provoke discomfort, but, at the same time, the energy of nakshatra will also reveal or address root causes and motivations.
Mula nakshatra has a passionate nature and motivates people to get to the bottom of things. Therefore, this supermoon may activate this exact desire in many people – to investigate and search for truth. And when we’re doing this, we have to be very careful to not get trapped by circumstances and caught up in blaming others or the environment. If we lose the balance and objective judgment during this time, we can mirror the negative energy we’re radiating and face big losses and attract really bad situations.
Another great lesson Mula Nakshatra teaches us is non-attachment. Use this time to self-reflect and realize what are the biggest attachments in your life. You could be attached to the place you live in – your town, your house, etc. Or, maybe you’re attached to the people you love? Some of us can be still attached to money or material possessions. Take your time to think about it and work through it.
Mula Nakshatra also deals with cruelty, pain, betrayals, and resentment. Watch out because you can also face all kinds of losses, starting with material things and ending with people you love. So, make sure you learn that lesson of non-attachment.
Those of us who learn the lessons that Mula Nakshatra offers us, will transform our experiences into enlightenment and reach a deep level of self-realization. Remember that no matter how hard the karmic lessons can be, we can always benefit from them because there are spiritual gifts hidden in any challenging experience.
How to Work With the Full Moon Energy?
If we do not live in the rhythm of the lunar cycle, we most likely will feel mood swings and fatigue during the Full Moon time. Moreover, our emotional and even physical condition may deteriorate. Therefore, it is very important to learn to live in harmony with the Moon, especially when it’s at the peak of its activity.
For harmonizing the influence of the Moon on our lives, we can perform Moon practices and adjust our lifestyle to the Moon’s vibrations.
Quick Tips For the Full Moon
In order to balance the Full Rose Moon period’s influence on your life, try to keep in mind the following tips during the Full Moon:
- Do not start new cases and projects during this period.
- Do not make important life-changing decisions.
- Do not sign contracts, hold meetings with partners, or start a new business during this time. It is better to postpone all these things to another day. If this is not possible, be extremely careful.
- A full moon is a special day when the maximum concentration of energy is reached, and the moon is visible in the sky at its full power. Therefore, during the Full Moon, when emotions are on the verge of getting out of control, it is recommended to devote yourself to spiritual practices.
- During the Full Moon, try not to do any intense physical activity.
- It is not recommended to perform operations during the full moon, as there is a high probability of their unfavorable outcome (severe bleeding may occur).
- Be extremely careful on the roads while driving during the Full Moon. Make sure you concentrate on driving.
- The full moon is a great time for fasting and cleansing.
- It is recommended to do charity work on this day. For example, feed the homeless or donate something to the orphanage. Any help will be favorable. However, it is not recommended to donate money on this day.
- Stay connected with nature: take a walk in the forest or at the beach, lie down on the ground, talk to the trees, hug them, etc.
- Wear white clothes and pearls to pay your homage to the Moon.
- Cooking for your family and friends will help to activate and balance the Moon energy.
Spiritual Practices For the Rose Moon
#1: Filling Up With The Energy Of The Moon
This practice is especially recommended for those who have a bad relationship with their mothers or elderly women, and also for those who have mood swings.
- Place a glass of clean water on the windowsill (or next to the window) so that the moonlight reflects in it. Leave it there for the night.
- In the morning, drink that Moon water on an empty stomach. Tell your gratitude to the Moon. Chant the Moon mantra: OM CHANDRAYA NAMAHA (108 times).
#2: Full Moon Mantra Practice For Attracting Abundance
On a Full Moon, go outside (backyard or patio), stretch your hands’ palms up to the Moon. When looking at the Full Moon, set your intention to attract abundance into your life and repeat the following mantra for 12 minutes: OM SHRAAM SHREEM SHRAUM SAH CHANDRAMASE NAMAHA
#3: The Full Moon Bath Ritual
For performing this Full Moon ritual, prepare a big jar, a silver spoon, three lemons, petals of three yellow roses (or a handful of dry Linden flowers, or chamomile), rose essential oil (or lemon, or patchouli, etc.).
The preparation part of the ritual should be performed out during the day before the Full Moon.
Early in the morning, pour clean water into the jar and put a silver spoon in it. Water should stand for at least 6 hours. Cut the slices of three lemons, put them in a jar, add rose petals (dried flowers must be brewed with boiling water and infused for 20 minutes), and essential oil. Put the jar on the windowsill so that it permeates the moonlight, and leave for the night.
The next day, in the evening, during the actual Full Moon, fill up the bathtub with warm water and slowly pour the contents of the jar. Then lie down in the bath, close your eyes and imagine swimming in a lake of moonlight, and visualize that you are absorbing lunar energy.
Take a bath for at least 20 minutes.
The Bottom Line
The Rose Moon time is a powerful energetic time when we should take it easy on ourselves, give ourselves a little extra self-care, self-love, just relax and enjoy the lunar vibes.