Spring equinox 2023 occurs on Monday, March 20th. Astronomically, it is considered the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere. After this date, the Northern Hemisphere begins to be tilted more toward the Sun. As a result, daylight hours and warming temperatures start to increase.
The first day of spring is the start of a new season and new beginnings. Just as the trees grow and flowers blossom during springtime, we will be going through a personal transformation, renewal, and rebirth. In this article, I will share with you what to expect from spring equinox 2023 and what practices and rituals you can perform for aligning yourself with the powerful energy that spring equinox brings!
Spring Equinox 2023
The word equinox comes from the Latin word aequus, which means “equal,” and nox, which translates as “night”. On the equinox, the length of day and night is almost equal in all parts of the world. With the equinox, we start enjoying the increasing sunlight hours, warmer weather, earlier dawns, and later sunsets.
March equinox reminds us that Mother Nature is the guide that always shows us which way the energies are moving for us. During this time, we may feel called to let go of the old, prepare for the new, and to blossom in our divine beauty.
Since ancient times people believed that the spring equinox is a point where the veil between this world and higher realms is thin. It is during this time, highly intuitive people can hear the wisdom of the spiritual guides coming from higher dimensions and can easily communicate with nature spirits.
The spring equinox is believed to be a magical time, when harmony fell on the planet and where we could embody an equal balance of dark and light. Just like a yin and yang symbol, we can’t have one without the other. We need darkness to see the light and we need the light to recognize the darkness. Therefore, the spring equinox is all about honoring both of these qualities that live within each of us – our inner shadow and our divine light.
Spring Equinox 2023 is a great opportunity to start new projects, share your ideas with others, and start thinking about your goals.
Practices & Rituals For Spring Equinox 2023
#1: Energy Cleansing Ritual
Spring equinox is a perfect time for cleansing your energy from any negativity accumulated in your field. This simple yet powerful energy-cleansing bath ritual will help you to do this.
- Fill the tub with warm water.
- Be sure to add sea salt, because it takes away all the negativity.
- Turn on meditative music for relaxation. These can be the sounds of nature, spiritual chants, mantras, etc.
- Get in the bathtub.
- While laying in the bathtub, visualize that water and salt take away all your problems. And every minute your body becomes lighter and lighter.
- When you feel that you have spent enough time in the bath, drain the water. When draining the water, imagine that all the bad things go away with it.
- After performing the ritual, you will feel a true renewal at the level of body and soul. You can climb under a warm blanket with a cup of your favorite herbal tea and just let yourself relax.
#2: Clean Your House & Cleanse It From Negative Energy
Decluttering and cleaning your house will help you to free space for something new to come. Make sure you get rid of any broken things, donate the clothes that you don’t wear anymore, and let go of the things you don’t use anymore.
Also, it’s very beneficial to perform an energy-cleansing ritual for your home. “9 Oranges” is my all-time favorite! This ritual is very easy to perform but the result of it is just amazing! The atmosphere in the house becomes so joyful that you immediately feel more energized, your mood is improved, and your creativity is overflowing! If you’ve never heard of this ritual, check out my article “Simple Ritual To Cleanse Your House Of Negative Energy“.
#3: Planting Seeds
What you plant grows: if you plant apple seeds, don’t expect to get oranges. The same goes for intentions and mindset: if you’re always planting negative seeds such as, “This world is going crazy” or “I’m not good enough,” how can you expect happiness and abundance to flourish in your life? Always plant only what you want to see blossom
Have you ever thought that you can actually use plants as a physical reminder of your goals and intentions? And now, with spring coming, it’s the perfect time for this!
Look up what will grow best in your climate and temperatures, and do some gardening. Consider the space you have (a patio and a kitchen windowsill will also work if you don’t have a backyard), and plan your planting accordingly.
Choose the seeds of the plants that you will actually enjoy seeing growing. Flowers, herbs, vegetables… even a tree that you could be nurturing over the years.
- Find out what’s in season in your region.
- Purchase locally grown, organic seeds.
- Turn your planting into a creative process of manifesting your goals. Decorate pots with paint (for example, paint hearts on your pot if your goal is to “grow” more love in your life), crystals, or even coins (if your goal is prosperity).
- When planting seeds, make sure you remember to say positive affirmations about the goals that you attached to these seeds. For example, you may want to say: “I’m planting the seeds of love. I am love and love is me. My love is blossoming in a romantic relationship that brings me joy and happiness.”
#4: Peach Blossom Luck Activation
This is the practice for those looking for love. Peach Blossom formula is designed to attract a soulmate or a marriage partner, activate your marriage luck and bring true love into your life. Spring equinox is the best time for this! To learn how to use this formula, check out my article “Peach Blossom Luck Formula: Feng Shui Method For Attracting Love“.
#5: Setting Intentions
Spring Equinox 2023 is a good time for setting intentions and choosing new goals in life. Take your time to think about what you want in life, what changes you need to make, and the new habits you need to develop. Choose what “metaphorical seeds” you are planting this season, and how you will water them.
Now light a candle to create a sacred space. Choose positive intentions to focus on. Meditate on the candle flame while concentrating your attention on your intentions and goals. You can also repeat positive affirmations and mantras to boost the effect of this practice.
#6: Ritual “Reconnecting With The Sun”
- Stand facing east. Look in the direction where the Sun rises.
- Say your gratitude to the Sun for all the good things in your life and ask for guidance and assistance in the future.
- Visualize your future as you would like it to be. Listen to yourself. What do you feel? Immerse yourself in your feelings. Let the sun recharge you and fill you with its energy.
The Bottom Line
Spring Equinox is the start of the astrological new year and represents the beginning of a new zodiac cycle. Celebrate this time of the year by letting go of the old and welcoming new energies into your life!
Happy Spring Equinox! May the days ahead of you be filled with love and light!