Your office should have a positive impact on your psyche and state of mind. To achieve this, you need to know how to arrange the furniture, what accessories to use and what colors to use for your office. In this article, I will answer these questions by sharing with you Feng Shui office tips. By following these tips, you will create the most comfortable and harmonious office. It doesn’t matter if you work from home or from the office building. These Feng Shui office tips can be applied for both! Let’s get it started!
The very first thing you need to pay attention to is the entrance to your office. Look at the door to your office. How does it make you feel? Does it look safe and protected? A solid door is better than a glass door. Make sure the door to your office serves you well and provides enough security.
Auspicious Color Combinations
Next thing to check is the color combination that was chosen for your office. You should know that the choice of colors affects the Feng Shui not only of your office but of the entire company. I’ll give you three examples of auspicious Feng Shui color combinations for your office.
Black & White
This is a very auspicious combination because it reflects the Yin and Yang balance. It also signifies harmony between the elements. Black color represents the Water element. And White color represents the Metal element. According to the Five-element theory, Metal produces Water and Water stands for wealth. Therefore, if you want to attract wealth to your work/business/company, then you should go for black & white color combination!
Silver & Deep Purple
This is another very auspicious color combination that signifies the balance of Yin and Yang. Purple is the color if the number 9. And number 9 signifies completion. It represents “never-ending money flow”. 9 is the ultimate number. 9 multiplied by any number eventually adds up to 9. So 9×9=81, 8+1=9. Therefore, if you use silver with deep purple, there is a hidden fortune generated by number 9.
Red & Gold
Red is the ultimate good luck color. When pairing it with gold it doubles the significance of “wealth creation”. Red represents Yang energy. It has the power to suppress office politics and gossip. Moreover, the red color has the power to create harmony. It purifies the negative vibes created by people fighting and quarreling and also minimizes misunderstandings. Red & gold color combination creates the energy that brings growth and wealth.
Where to Place the Desk?
It is very important to place the desk in the right position. There are several rules that Feng Shui provides us.
- When you’re sitting at your desk make sure you can see the entrance to your office. This position will provide you a sense of security – so that you can see who enters and leaves the office.
- It’s not recommended to sit right in front of the door to the office.
- Do not sit with your back to the window or the door. This brings the danger of backstabbers, attracts dishonorable people, and you lose your support. Your back should be always protected. It’s best to have a solid wall behind you.
- Hang a picture of mountains, landscape, or a portrait of an influential leader. It’s also very favorable to have a picture of a prosperous bank behind your back – it provides financial stability.
- Make sure that there is no water in any form behind your back – whether it’s an aquarium or a seascape. Water has too much energy, and when you have it behind your back you don’t have an opportunity to control this energy. Therefore it can, symbolically speaking, “flood” you and your business. That’s why water should be only in front but never behind or above your desk.
- Do not sit directly under an exposed overhead beam. You should move your desk in another position if this is the case.
- Do not sit with the sharp edge of any pillar or corner hitting you. Place a plant to block and camouflage such corners if this is the case.
- You shouldn’t be sitting in a space where above you there’s a toilet.
Opt for as big a desk as you can get. Large desks attract large opportunities. The larger the desktop, the better! Just make sure to keep it clean. Don’t forget to remove your papers and documents from its surface after each working day.
You can symbolically apply the Bagua Map to your desk. Visually separate the desk surface on 9 sectors. North is where you sit. Accordingly, the South is on the contrary.
Place a crystal pyramid on your desk right in front of you (fame and recognition sector) symbolizing your aspiration forward and upwards.
To the left diagonally from your sitting position (wealth sector) put any symbols of abundance. It can be any object that symbolizes money for you.
On the right side from your sitting position, there is a mentor’s sector. You can place a Ganesh statue there.
Make sure to decorate your computer with a bound of Chinese coins. Hang coins on the top left corner of your computer and change them to new ones every new Lunar year. This will ensure a constant flow of money luck.
The language of symbols is incredibly powerful! Therefore you should have some good luck symbols beside you. One of the best Feng Shui symbols is a sailing ship filled with golden ingots. If the ship appears to be “sailing” in from your favorable direction according to your Kua number, it will bring even greater success and increased income.
The higher the back of the chair, the greater the authority of the one who sits in it. Make sure your chair has armrests!
Dangerous Item For Your Office
You might be surprised but the clock is the most dangerous item in your office. If you have one, you should definitely consider removing it! The office clock is a bad Feng Shui.
The Bottom Line
The atmosphere that you create in the office with the help of Feng Shui, will certainly have a positive impact on success in your business and career. I hope these Feng Shui office tips will help you to create a more harmonious place for work for you and your colleagues.