The Moon is waning to a New Moon on Wednesday, October 6th at 7:05 a.m. ET/4:05 a.m. PT. This is the time when the Moon is lost in the glare of the Sun and completely invisible. This is an amazing time that can give impetus to our development and multiplication in any sphere of our life. If you’ve been indecisive or hesitating on a threshold in life, this new moon can bring a courageous push toward inner truth. In this article, I will share with you everything you need to know about the October 2021 New Moon.
The New Moon In Vedic Astrology
In Vedic astrology, the New Moon is called Amavasya. It is the time when the Moon and the Sun line up.
According to Vedic astrology, Shukla paksha or the bright part of the lunar month begins with Amavasya, when one can count on the indulgence and benefits of the gods. It is recommended to dedicate the new moon to spiritual practices, offerings, and prayers. It is also considered a favorable period for completing previously started cases, cleaning, and charity.
Amavasya is considered the most favorable period to engage in your personal development, spend this day in meditation and prayers.
It is said that any activity related to material affairs will not bring any benefits on this day. However, any spiritual practice you engage in will multiply its benefits when performed during Amavasya. The same can be said about charity and donations that are done during Amavasya – you will be generously rewarded for your acts of kindness.
The October 2021 New Moon
The October 2021 New Moon is occurring in the lunar mansion of Hasta Nakshatra. Hasta nakshatra is the Moon-ruled nakshatra that is symbolized by an open hand. This nakshatra brings business success and charm, but an eventual fall from favor. Hasta nakshatra gives people a strong desire to coerce, heal, and trick. It also increases the mercantile qualities of people. Under the influence of this nakshatra, people will experience highs and lows, like every day there is a new challenge, and every turn of the page brings something new and unexpected. However, Hasta nakshatra also gives people a highly adaptive nature and an opportunity to turn a potential setback into an opportunity, reaping benefits from the most unlikely places.
This nakshatra deals with health and healing. Therefore, we can expect that there could be attempts to discover alternatives to the health and healing of COVID-19.
This nakshatra can bring such health-related issues as injury to the hands, weakness of bowels (constipation, diarrhea, IBS), underproduction of digestive enzymes, diseases of secreting glands, neuralgia, skin sensitivities/diseases, nervous conditions (including hysteria and hypochondria).
With Mercury Retrograde close by the new moon, mental energy is abundant for inner searching and emotional healing. However, Mercury Retrograde tends to confuse communications and delay clear conclusions on matters. Instead, it’s best to use this uniquely charged time to look within at the beliefs that may be holding you back, and then to think about what you truly want in life.
This is a very good time for tapping into our emotions so that we can acknowledge them and heal ourselves. This is a time to rapidly burn through blockages of fear, self-doubt, and indecisiveness in our life.
Dos and Don’ts During October 2021 New Moon
Amavasya is one of the best days for donations. When you’re doing donations on New Moon, the beneficial effect of it is greatly enhanced, and your negative karma gets purified.
Our emotions play a very important role on the New Moon. If you are happy on this day, you will become even happier, if you are unhappy – you will become unhappier. Any of our qualities are strengthened on this day. Therefore, the New Moon is a very important time for spiritual seekers, since the effect of any puja or recited mantra becomes even stronger on this day.
Amavasya is a great time for new beginnings. This is the time to discard old habits and thoughts, all failures, and embrace the new experience that the New Moon promises us.
Favorable activities during Amavasya:
- Completing tasks
- Paying off debts
- Throwing away the old and unnecessary things
- Giving donations and gifts
- Meeting with your your parents or other family members
- Performing any spiritual practices
- House cleaning – it will help you to clean not only the space around you but also your mind
- Honoring deceased ancestors (you can just think about them or look at their pictures)
- Doing charity (you can donate anything except money)
- Tuning in to harmony and love
- Forgiving yourself and others
Unfavorable activities during Amavasya:
- Making important purchases
- Getting married
- Making important appointments
- Start training
- Making promises
- Start building a house, or enter the house
- Making final decisions
- Taking trips, business trips, travel
- Making repairs, renovations
- Appointing important meetings that can affect the execution of transactions, conduct of business, etc.
- Making money transactions (invest money, transfer large sums, borrow or lend);
Manifesting On New Moon
It’s very beneficial to use positive affirmations on New Moon. During this time, affirmations have a special power – they make your positive thoughts and intentions grow and gain strength more quickly. That is why such practices as Creating a vision board or Reiki wish box, will be particularly effective on New Moon.
Here are some examples of the high-vibe affirmations you can practice on New Moon:
- Love is my inspiration, my conversation, and my life! Peace is my natural state! Gratitude is my way of seeing and being! The face of God greets me everywhere I go!
- Every cell of my body temple celebrates health and wholeness!
- All my relationships match the high vibration of unconditional love!
- Positive thoughts revitalize my body temple!
- Abundance blesses every aspect of my life!
- I am guided, governed, and gifted by the eternal presence of Spirit within me! The high frequency of divine love resounds through all of my relationships! Excellence is encoded on my soul and evident in my expression! A consciousness of awe and wonder makes things possible in my life!
- My commitment to peace, love, and kindness raises the vibrations of the planet!
- The sweet water of appreciation bathes everything I do!
The Moon Mantra
During the New Moon, it’s beneficial to chant the Moon mantra “Om Chandraya Namaha” 108 times. This powerful mantra vibrates with the energy of the Moon. Chanting this beautiful mantra will help you see things more clearly and look beyond “illusions” to see the deeper meaning in things and the truth that lies within.
Buddha Shakyamuni Mantra
It is very beneficial to chant the Buddha Shakyamuni mantra during the New Moon. Recite “Om Muni Muni Maha Muniye Soha” 3, 7, 21, or 108 times. When chanting the mantra, visualize how the Divine Light purifies all your subtle bodies and frees your consciousness from outdated programs.
Chanting the Buddha Shakyamuni mantra brings a change in our consciousness, helps to reach enlightenment, inspires us with new ideas, gives confidence in our abilities. Also, it relieves uncertainty and distorted perception of reality.
The Bottom Line
Every month the New Moon gives us a great opportunity to reconnect with our shadow self, cleanse, and heal. The October 2021 new moon magnifies the will to obtain what we desire. Use the days surrounding the new moon to envision what it is your soul wants to manifest and to listen closely to your intuition. This is a great time to decide what is that you really want and to use the manifesting power of the moon to make it happen.