A bedroom is the most important part in our homes. Just think about this: a significant part of our lives we spend in bed. I’m not talking about just sleeping but also relaxing and making love. It is very important that when you sleep, you ensure that all the energy that enters your body complements and animates you, is favorable and attracts good luck for when you wake up in the morning.
Therefore, there is no doubt that the bedroom is an extremely important place for each of us. It is here, like nowhere else, we should definitely comply with Feng Shui laws. In this article, I will share with you the best Feng Shui bedroom tips!
First Of All – Make Your Bed Face Your Good Direction!
It is very important to sleep in your best direction (according to your Kua number). Sleeping in your best direction will give you a good rest, positive energy, health, and happy life. Sleeping in your bad direction can be extremely dangerous – it can bring you illness, loss of energy, a bad mood and all kinds of misfortune.
Take a look at what direction your headboard is facing. This will be the direction you sleep in! Use the table below to find your best directions and best directions for each member of your family. Arrange your family members to sleep in their own best directions!
This is how you can find out what your Kua number is. Just find the year of your birth in the table and then in the two last columns you will see the Kua number for men and women.
Now you know your Kua number and you can find what your good and bad directions are. Just find your Kua number in the table below and you will find your good and bad directions.
Now you know your good and bad directions. But what can we do if you and your partner have different Kua numbers and good directions? Feng Shui Masters don’t have the same point of view on this question.
However, from the Chinese perspective, it is a woman who is the Keeper of the home and the purity of the family. That’s why the master bed should face the good directions of the hostess (according to her Kua number).
Create a Balanced Space In Your Bedroom
A bedroom is a place for rest and relaxation. That’s why make sure you don’t have too much Yang energy in your bedroom. Your bedroom should be calm and quiet. The lighting should not be too bright. The color scheme should be muted.
However, do not overdo it! Our goal is to still bring balance into your resting space. If you feel like you don’t have enough energy then it makes sense to bring a little Yang energy into your bedroom. Buy yourself red bed sheets. Use your own judgment when applying feng shui to your bedroom!
Also, do not overdecorate the bedroom! You may energize your bedroom for romance and love. But it’s better not to energize it for wealth and business success! Wealth and business luck enhancers are better suited to the living room and office.
It’s very important to follow the main bedroom rule – the fewer things, the more peaceful and restorative will be your sleep.
The Main Feng Shui Bedroom Taboo Is a TV-set!
I know that it is very popular to place the TV in the bedroom. Many people fall asleep to the sound of the TV. This is very harmful to your energy because the bedroom should always remain calm, peaceful atmosphere. When we’re watching TV we are bombarded with a mass of negative information. The negativity affects our aura and activates the negative energy flow.
But what can you do if you live in a Studio apartment and your bedroom is also a living room? Then consider turning it off not earlier than a half an hour before bedtime, and open the window to ventilate the room.
Another problem that can be caused by TV in the bedroom is your partner’s cheating. Yes, you read it right! The thing is that when you turn off TV its screen becomes a reflecting surface (almost like a mirror). Feng Shui Masters believe that if the bedroom has a mirror and it reflects the sleeping couple, the mirror surface acts as a third partner in their relationship. This necessarily leads to cheating, quarrels, and discord in any relationship, no matter how strong they may be.
The sacrament of sleep is quite a delicate thing, and putting such a powerful conductor of energy like a mirror or TV next to you when you and your spirit are defenseless is not very reasonable.
Other Feng Shui Bedroom Taboos
Here is the list of other Feng Shui Taboos.
1. Avoid sharp edges pointed towards the bed.
2. Do not have archways in your bedroom.
3. Make sure your bed isn’t placed directly below an exposed beam.
4. Do not place any water objects in your bedroom (such as an aquarium, mini-fountain, pictures of water, etc.).
5. The bedroom should not have mirrors reflecting the bed and sleeping people on it. The fact is that mirrors tend to accumulate negative energy. People who have mirrors reflecting the bed spend the night under the influence of negative Qi. As a result, in the morning they usually don’t feel cheerfulness. In addition, the glare and shadows flickering in the mirror often cause insomnia and anxiety. The most suitable place for a mirror is the space on the inside of the Cabinet door.
6. Do not place your bed so that it faces another bedroom door.
7. Make sure your bed doesn’t face a protruding corner.
8. Your bed should not be placed between two doors.
9. Do not place potted plants in your bedroom.
10. Never move the bed when the wife is pregnant.
11. Do not have the bedroom directly confronting the stairs.
12. Make sure your bedroom is not located above a garage, kitchen or storeroom.
13. Do not sleep in a bedroom directly below a toilet.
14. Do not place the bed directly next to the window, otherwise, you will fall under the influence of the Sun and the Yang energy, which is not always favorable.
15. Never place wedding portraits inside the bedroom, especially facing the bed.
16. Placing a bed against a toilet wall will flush away your marital happiness.
Feng Shui Bedroom Tips
1. Keep your bedroom very clean.
2. Your bed should be placed against a solid wall.
3. The headboard must be placed against a wall. It should never be “floating”!
4. Place a pair of mandarin ducks in your bedroom for happiness in marriage.
5. Place heart-shaped rose quartz in your bedroom for attracting love and romance into your life.
6. Place Double Happiness Symbol of Marriage underneath your bed. This Symbol is a very powerful activator of romantic luck!
7. You may also place a pair of pigeons in your bedroom since this is a symbol of immortal love.
8. Place the Mystic Knot underneath your mattress. It will attract vital energy while you’re sleeping.
9. Make sure you sleep on the correct side of the bed! Men should sleep on the left-hand side (determined when lying on your back) and women should sleep on the right-hand side of the bed. When you’re sleeping on the correct side of the bed it creates the balance of Yin and Yang energy in the marital bed.
10. To safeguard against infidelity, place an amethyst slab tied with red string and tied to a bedpost under the foot of the bed of the wife’s side if the husband tends to cheat; and on the husband’s side if it is the wife who is vulnerable to outside flirting or cheating.
11. To improve a marriage that has begun to turn sour, place seven crystal spheres in the Southwest corner of your bedroom. This will create powerful nurturing energy inside your bedroom and will soften both partners, making you less hostile and more tolerant of one another.
The Bottom Line
Of course, this does not include all of the Feng Shui bedroom tips and rules that exist. But even using these simple recommendations, you can improve your sleep, mood, romantic life and even health. Make your bedroom your own little sanctuary! Let it be the most peaceful and harmonious place for you. And then you’ll see how little Feng Shui corrections can change your life for the better forever!