In this article, I will share with you the important astrological events in July 2020, which will entail certain life and karmic lessons. Also, I will share some recommendations and tips that will help you to make July 2020 harmonious and joyful.
Astrological Events In July 2020
Lunar Eclipse (July 4th-5th)
This month we are going to witness the third eclipse of the season which will be a penumbral lunar eclipse. This is one of the most important astrological events in July!
In the United States, the eclipse will begin on July 4th at 11:07 PM EDT as the moon starts to slide into the Earth’s outer orbit, and end on July 5th at 1:52 AM EDT.
Eclipses give opportunities for new information and new energy to enter our planetary system so we can integrate it into our bodies and our lives. This is how humanity evolves and develops. The lunar eclipse provides new opportunities at the material level. After this eclipse, every person will feel changes their life.
The Moon will be located in the Purvashadha nakshatra. The main characters of this nakshatra are empowerment and strength. The upper level of influence is a strength, and the lower level is interaction. Therefore this eclipse will force people to unite in communities and join different societies for achieving their life goals.
The lesson to learn:
During this period, it is recommended to focus on the important goals of your life, your mission, and your purpose. You already may notice a big division of society into different segments which makes people choose one of the two sides. This leads to a big imbalance and an increase in fighting intentions. This eclipse will give you an opportunity to think about what role you play for the good of the planet. But instead of choosing the side, try to find an optimal position in your perspective which will help you to brings more peace and harmony to the world rather than helping to win one of the two fighting sides.
Recommendations for lunar eclipse:
- Take a bath or shower (it is better to do this right at the moment of the Eclipse);
- Fast (if it is difficult to completely give up food, limit yourself to light vegan food and juices);
- Engage in some quiet activity that will not cause any strong emotions and stress;
- Read sacred texts and spiritual literature;
- Avoid watching horror movies;
- Observe your mind and be present;
- Avoid toxic people and being involved in conflicts and negative situations.
On the day of the Lunar Eclipse is not recommended:
- Leave the house 4 hours before and after the eclipse;
- To visit places of entertainment;
- Drink alcohol, smoke, or take psychotropic medications;
- Leave food and water under the open sky (it is believed that everything that was exposed to the Eclipse is no longer suitable as food);
- Wear new clothes;
- Sign contracts;
- Get married;
- Make important decisions;
- Moongazing (it is dangerous to look at the Moon during the eclipse!);
- Make investments;
Guru Purnima (July 5th)
It is an important day dedicated to the Guru or teacher. This year, Guru Purnima will be celebrated on July 5.
This is the day (and also the day before Purnima) when we should look inside ourselves, listen to our inner voice, calm our emotions, and focus on peace and harmony. During Purnima, a huge release of lunar energy occurs. And if we use this time properly, we can achieve maximum inner harmony.
Recommendations for Guru Purnima:
- watch your emotions, don’t let them control you;
- stay peaceful and calm;
- practice meditation;
- do charity;
- pay respect to your teachers;
- pray or chant mantras.
It is not recommended:
- to do material things;
- make important appointments;
- disrespect teachers or criticize them;
- get involved in emotional discussions or arguments/conflicts.
Sun Transit In Cancer (July 16th – August 16th)
The Sun will transit into the sign of Cancer on July 16th and will remain in this sign till August 16th, 2020.
The very day of the Sun transit (July 16th, 2020) is unfavorable for any beginnings, starting new projects, signing contracts, and agreements.
Cancer is a friendly sign for the Sun. Therefore the Sun will become stronger. Also, it will get out of the influence of Rahu.
The Sun in Cancer will strengthen emotions and sensitivity, give kindness, and softness. Some people may feel that they are more interested in spending time at home with the family and loved ones.
The main recommendation for this period is to take emotions under control. Don’t let your emotions destroy your relationship/friendship. Take some time to rest and relax.
Mars Transit In Pisces (June 18th – August 16th)
This transit started on June 18th and will continue until August 16th. Thus it will affect the whole month of July.
Mars is a fiery and martial planet. Pisces is a water sign and is governed by Jupiter which has a friendly relationship with Mars. Pisces represents intuition, emotions, and compassion. Mars is responsible for action, courage, and will power.
Mars is the force in our minds that makes us act and make decisions. Pisces create an energetic environment in which the results of the systematic activities are summed up, a philosophy is formed, and comes an understanding of death or the completion of processes that eventually need to be let go.⠀
This transit of the Fire element into the Water element is likely to produce a “steam” of emotions. The good news is if you know how to control this energy properly it can take you to great heights in all phases of your life.
Recommendations for Mars transit in Pisces period:
- Instead of pushing your ideas to others and forcing your life to go a certain way, try to trust the Universe, follow the signs, and move with the flow;
- Any decisions you make should be aimed at the highest good for all;
- Be more creative and focus on self-expression through different forms of art. ⠀
- Perceive the world with an open heart through the prism of unconditional love.
Mercury Retrograde (June 19th – July 11th)
The period of Mercury retrograde began on June 19th and will end on July 11th.
Mercury is responsible for intellectual abilities, speech, communication, receiving and assimilating information, family and business connections, trade relations. Therefore, during this period we experience a decrease in activity in these areas.⠀
During Mercury retrograde period it is recommended:
- to complete projects; ⠀
- to clean the house, declutter, and re-organize the space;
- calm your mind and meditate; ⠀
- to restore lost connections and contacts (both in personal life and in business); ⠀ ⠀
- meet with old friends;
- take obstacles calmly without stress and worries;⠀
- to repair all types of gadgets, as well as cars, bicycles.
It is not recommended during Mercury retrograde:⠀
- to be stressed or worried about the obstacles on your way;⠀⠀
- negotiate, sign contracts or agreements;
- get married;
- buy or sell real estate;
- change the job;
- take long trips.⠀
Jupiter Retrograde (May 14th – September 12th)
Jupiter continues its retrograde movement which will last until September 12th.
During this period, most of us feel the influence of karmic lessons related to career and finance. Some people lose their jobs, others may experience money loss and obstacles. Also, some people may find themselves not being fully satisfied with their religion/spiritual path.
Recommendations for Jupiter retrograde period:
- This is the time to be more rational and practical in the use of your finances.
- Be careful in choosing a new religious/spiritual path.
- As for legal and political issues, as well as the opening of large-scale projects, it is better to postpone all this for later in order to make more objective decisions.
Saturn Retrograde (May 11th – September 29th)
Saturn continues its retrograde movement which will last until September 29th. And this retrograde motion is completing our list of the most important astrological events in July 2020.
In Vedic Astrology, Shani or Saturn is a Karmic planet. It is also called the God of Justice. Saturn is a hard taskmaster. It judges our actions minutely which in turn affects our destiny. During its retrograde motion, Saturn becomes more intense in its gaze.
Saturn governs the hard work, discipline, and righteousness of a person.
The retrograde movement of Saturn is associated with delays, denial, misery, debts, and chronic health issues. There is always something drastic happening during the Saturn retrograde period not just on personal but also on a global level.
This is the time to re-think your projects, responsibilities, and commitments. If you just don’t feel right about something you have taken on, it may give you a chance to renegotiate or to re-think a relationship or project.
During this time, your purpose may be questioned, you may get various tasks, and you will experience the manifestations of your karma.
The main recommendation here is to be patient and humble. Take all the obstacles and life challenges as the tools for working on your karma.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, there is a number of important astrological events in July that need to be considered when planning your month. July 2020 will activate some karmic lessons and provide the necessary resources for completing whatever needs to be finished. Therefore, try to devote this month to rest and recuperation, and important tasks and decisions it’s better to schedule to the next month.