The August 2021 New Moon is coming on August 8th at 9:50 a.m. EDT. This is the time when the Moon is lost in the glare of the Sun and completely invisible. This is an amazing time that can give impetus to our development and multiplication in any sphere of our life. In this article, I will share with you everything you need to know about the August 2021 New Moon.
The New Moon In Vedic Astrology
In Vedic astrology, the New Moon is called Amavasya. It is the time when the Moon and the Sun line up.
According to Vedic astrology, Shukla paksha or the bright part of the lunar month begins with Amavasya, when one can count on the indulgence and benefits of the gods. It is recommended to dedicate the new moon to spiritual practices, offerings, and prayers. It is also considered a favorable period for completing previously started cases, cleaning, and charity.
Amavasya is considered the most favorable period to engage in your personal development, spend this day in meditation and prayers.
It is said that any activity related to material affairs will not bring any benefits on this day. However, any spiritual practice you engage in will multiply its benefits when performed during Amavasya. The same can be said about charity and donations that are done during Amavasya – you will be generously rewarded for your acts of kindness.
August 2021 New Moon
The August 2021 New Moon is occurring in the Nakshatra Ashlesha. Its symbology is associated with the serpent (Naga). Historically, serpents can represent the passage of time, healing, physical rejuvenation, paralysis, toxins, seduction, hidden wealth, cruelty, and death.
Astronomically, Nakshatra Ashlesha corresponds to the head of Hydra, one of the longest constellations in the northern hemisphere. Hydra marked a troublesome portion of the sky for both Greeks and Babylonians, signifying periods of strife, plague, and drought. For the ancients, Hydra also represented a fearsome guardian who stood watch at the underworld gateway.
This nakshatra can bring health-related issues like digestive sensitivity, liver diseases, weakness of the esophagus, dropsy, diaphragm and pancreas, tremors, injury of the feet and hands.
Also, be careful with what medicine you’re taking – there could be cases of body poisoning or overdosing that can cause big harm to your health or even death.
The August 2021 New Moon is a great time to reflect within and realize what is really important in your life. Use the energy of Ashlesha Nakshatra to heal the issues that have been plaguing your life and stopping you from reaching your highest potential. Think about toxic energy and toxic people you allow into your life. This is the time to purify your mind from any poisonous thoughts, your environment – from any negative energy, your life – from any toxic people and energy vampires. Examine your life space – is there anything or anyone who is poisoning your life? Well, this is the time to let anything toxic go! Use this New Moon to heal yourself and your life!
Dos and Don’ts During August 2021 New Moon
Amavasya is one of the best days for donations. When you’re doing donations on New Moon, the beneficial effect of it is greatly enhanced, and your negative karma gets purified.
Our emotions play a very important role on the New Moon. If you are happy on this day, you will become even happier, if you are unhappy – you will become unhappier. Any of our qualities are strengthened on this day. Therefore, the New Moon is a very important time for spiritual seekers, since the effect of any puja or recited mantra becomes even stronger on this day.
Amavasya is a great time for new beginnings. This is the time to discard old habits and thoughts, all failures, and embrace the new experience that the New Moon promises us.
Favorable activities during Amavasya:
- Completing tasks
- Paying off debts
- Throwing away the old and unnecessary things
- Giving donations and gifts
- Meeting with your your parents or other family members
- Performing any spiritual practices
- House cleaning – it will help you to clean not only the space around you but also your mind
- Honoring deceased ancestors (you can just think about them or look at their pictures)
- Doing charity (you can donate anything except money)
- Tuning in to harmony and love
- Forgiving yourself and everyone
Unfavorable activities during Amavasya:
- Making important purchases
- Getting married
- Making important appointments
- Start training
- Making promises
- Start building a house, or enter the house
- Making final decisions
- Taking trips, business trips, travel
- Making repairs, renovations
- Appointing important meetings that can affect the execution of transactions, conduct of business, etc.
- Making money transactions (invest money, transfer large sums, borrow or lend);
Manifesting On New Moon
It’s very beneficial to use positive affirmations on New Moon. During this time, affirmations have a special power – they make your positive thoughts and intentions grow and gain strength more quickly. That is why such practices as Creating a vision board or Reiki wish box, will be particularly effective on New Moon.
Here are some examples of the high-vibe affirmations you can practice on New Moon:
- Love is my inspiration, my conversation, and my life! Peace is my natural state! Gratitude is my way of seeing and being! The face of God greets me everywhere I go!
- Every cell of my body temple celebrates health and wholeness!
- All my relationships match the high vibration of unconditional love!
- Positive thoughts revitalize my body temple!
- Abundance blesses every aspect of my life!
- I am guided, governed, and gifted by the eternal presence of Spirit within me! The high frequency of divine love resounds through all of my relationships! Excellence is encoded on my soul and evident in my expression! A consciousness of awe and wonder makes things possible in my life!
- My commitment to peace, love, and kindness raises the vibrations of the planet!
- The sweet water of appreciation bathes everything I do!
The Moon Mantra
During the New Moon, it’s beneficial to chant the Moon mantra “Om Chandraya Namaha” 108 times. This powerful mantra vibrates with the energy of the Moon. Chanting this beautiful mantra will help you see things more clearly and look beyond “illusions” to see the deeper meaning in things and the truth that lies within.
The Bottom Line
Every month the New Moon gives us a great opportunity to reconnect with our shadow self, cleanse, and heal. Use this powerful time to purify your mind from any poisonous thoughts, your environment – from any negative energy, your life – from any toxic people. This is the time to let anything toxic go! Use this New Moon to heal yourself and your life!